you're new to leadership, a new role or just the ‘new kid on the block’ then on
your ‘to do’ list is – I must create followers. As there is no leadership if no-one bothers to follow you, work for you, love you, let alone, talk about you!
For the naturally witty, attractive and known identifies, this is a relatively easy task, however, for most of us, it’s ‘work’.
Creating followers requires you to:
1. Focus on what you do not who you are; being good at it and ensure it helps others
2. Make others feel important, rewarded and acknowledged
3. Engage people by listening to them and asking “how you can help them achieve their goal & role.”
4. Build trust and respect by being consistently consistent in your behaviour
5. Welcome others into your life and allow them to take the gratitude for your work.
As you can see, it’s ‘hard work’ being in leadership. There’s no easy solution - I've been observing leaders for many years and these five approaches seems to work for most - most of the time.